The Happy Slave

This is my surrender to the Powers that Be, who wish we all were just happy little slaves, tooling along without a care in the world, doing what our better-educated masters tell us to do, not daring to step out of line. I'm so bad at surrender...

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, United States

I'm an old-fashioned Get-out-of-my-face-atarian. So long as the gubmint left me alone, I had no problems with it. Gubmint wants to run my life, so I'm doing something about it. (Not just blogging, either.)

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Callahans not welcome on Yahoo

Once again, we get proof that some people really need to get outside once in a while. Verizon has deemed the name "Callahan" to be unacceptable. Why did they do this? Because "Callahan" has the letter combination "allah" in it! Hardcore compugeeks (I'm of the softcore variety, myself--I have these things called "children" and a "wife" who even speaks to me) really shouldn't try their hand at social engineering, it only reveals how utterly inept they are at real life. Yes, it's technically Yahoo doing this, but Verizon owns Yahoo, so Verizon is ultimately responsible for Yahoo's policies. Note that names like "allchristiansmustdie" are perfectly okay with Verizon. So are names like "killeveryarab", "hitlerismylord", "aryanpower4evah", "wipeoutniggaz", "slaughterthosejews", "nuke_dem_jews", and many others. However, anything containing "Callahan" is prohibited. I guess Verizon hates Irishmen.