The Happy Slave

This is my surrender to the Powers that Be, who wish we all were just happy little slaves, tooling along without a care in the world, doing what our better-educated masters tell us to do, not daring to step out of line. I'm so bad at surrender...

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, United States

I'm an old-fashioned Get-out-of-my-face-atarian. So long as the gubmint left me alone, I had no problems with it. Gubmint wants to run my life, so I'm doing something about it. (Not just blogging, either.)

Monday, February 27, 2006

Got me good threads.

As a break from my tedious political drivel, I'm going to talk about new suits. I bought me a few last week. Now, that's no big deal for some of you, but the last time I got a suit, they were always three-piece, and anybody who wanted to look good had a double vent. I consented to two-piecers, but I insisted on two buttons instead of three. I've never been rail-thin, and you've got to be rail-thin to look good in those Italianate three-button suits. Nothing wrong with Italianate suits, they can look pretty darn good on the right guy, but I'm not that guy. This time, I broke with family "tradition" and got wool instead of "blend" or (even worse) 100% synthetic--from a clothier, even paid for tailoring. Now, as you'd guess, I had to go with bigger measurements after many moons, but I was floored at what measurements had to be bigger. My waist hadn't changed since freshman college, but my chest went up four inches! I guess moving heavy things every weekend pays off. My neck also went up two inches--so there are some tradeoffs.