The Happy Slave

This is my surrender to the Powers that Be, who wish we all were just happy little slaves, tooling along without a care in the world, doing what our better-educated masters tell us to do, not daring to step out of line. I'm so bad at surrender...

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, United States

I'm an old-fashioned Get-out-of-my-face-atarian. So long as the gubmint left me alone, I had no problems with it. Gubmint wants to run my life, so I'm doing something about it. (Not just blogging, either.)

Monday, February 20, 2006

Putting my foot further in.

Well, I'm putting my foot further in. Can someone explain to me how it is that a taxation system will reduce EVERYBODY'S tax bill and still remain revenue-neutral? "Fair Tax" is a shell game, a scam, a con-job designed to delude the dogmatic and fantasists while distracting from the fact that its proponents have done nothing at all serious about cutting spending. "Fair Tax" is nothing but rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. How many times does this have to be said before it sinks in? I don't give a Flying Vonnegut about whether or not something might or might not be part of an "anarcho-capitalist" pie-in-the-sky political fantasy. From my standpoint, it's pretty much the same-old same-old. Connected fat-cats get their built-in exemption ("investment properties"); the proposed system has built-in social engineering ("investment properties"); and nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, as in nothing at all is built in for mandatory spending cuts. How long are people going to blindly let these "Fair Tax" shills piddle down their legs and tell them it's raining? Cut spending first. Until I see some massive spending cuts coming from the people who natter on about "Fair Tax", I will not believe a single claim they make about it. Something is up. It promises to be too much for too many people. It's too slick to trust. It's a floor wax and a dessert topping!