The Happy Slave

This is my surrender to the Powers that Be, who wish we all were just happy little slaves, tooling along without a care in the world, doing what our better-educated masters tell us to do, not daring to step out of line. I'm so bad at surrender...

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, United States

I'm an old-fashioned Get-out-of-my-face-atarian. So long as the gubmint left me alone, I had no problems with it. Gubmint wants to run my life, so I'm doing something about it. (Not just blogging, either.)

Monday, March 06, 2006

Get into the game.

I'm going to break (again) my one-post-per-day rule to say something that's pretty important to me. Contribute to political campaigns or parties. I know it sounds pretty stupid. After all, we pretty much presume that it's all owned by big pressure groups or their "527" proxies. But that might not be the case. Even though both of the major parties pretty much want to shut down free speech when it comes to elections, it turns out that there are more of us little people making contributions than ever before. So, for once, I'm going to tell people to join a trend. Do some thinking, and if any candidate really seems worthwhile, find his or her web site and make a contribution. If nothing else, it will tell that particular party that at least one ordinary person actually matters.