The Happy Slave

This is my surrender to the Powers that Be, who wish we all were just happy little slaves, tooling along without a care in the world, doing what our better-educated masters tell us to do, not daring to step out of line. I'm so bad at surrender...

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, United States

I'm an old-fashioned Get-out-of-my-face-atarian. So long as the gubmint left me alone, I had no problems with it. Gubmint wants to run my life, so I'm doing something about it. (Not just blogging, either.)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Guests are not family!

Folks, do we really want to permananently institute an official set of second-class residents? It's bad enough that we're drowning in illegals, but the solution to the plague is not to make them essentially permanent nobodies. If we must embrace this flood, we must embrace them all as potential citizens. If you want to live and work in the USA on a long-term basis, do so as a citizen, not as a permanent foreigner. We do not need a legally-enshrined group of permanent outsiders. What we already have is bad enough. Gastarbeiter policies in Europe have ended up producing an entrenced group of people who do not consider themselves to have any loyalty to the countries in which they were born. We do not need to set up a policy to encourage more Mexicans in America. If we are to survive as the USA, we have to set up policies that encourage the Mexicans to become Americans.