The Happy Slave

This is my surrender to the Powers that Be, who wish we all were just happy little slaves, tooling along without a care in the world, doing what our better-educated masters tell us to do, not daring to step out of line. I'm so bad at surrender...

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, United States

I'm an old-fashioned Get-out-of-my-face-atarian. So long as the gubmint left me alone, I had no problems with it. Gubmint wants to run my life, so I'm doing something about it. (Not just blogging, either.)

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Race war?

For those of you outside of Indianapolis, an entire family of seven was murdered recently. They were killed "execution style", men, women, and children. The arrested suspects were both black. Now, here's the twist, the victims weren't Anglos. It was a Hispanic family. But it isn't ending with that. It looks like somebody is looking to keep things stirred up. From my complete outsider perspective, I'm actually surprised it's taking this long for this much trouble to start. There is a great deal of anti-Hispanic feeling among Blacks in Indianapolis, and I've heard talk that verges upon racist among some Blacks when they talk about Hispanics in our town. Indeed, even a few African-American elected officials from Indianapolis, if spoken to in private, are quite happy to denounce any and all "Mexicans". I'm sure that the hostility is not unknown to its targets. The neighborhood in which the murders occurred is notorious for lax police coverage. The heat of the Indiana summer hasn't even started for 2006...