The Happy Slave

This is my surrender to the Powers that Be, who wish we all were just happy little slaves, tooling along without a care in the world, doing what our better-educated masters tell us to do, not daring to step out of line. I'm so bad at surrender...

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, United States

I'm an old-fashioned Get-out-of-my-face-atarian. So long as the gubmint left me alone, I had no problems with it. Gubmint wants to run my life, so I'm doing something about it. (Not just blogging, either.)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The life police will arrest Mr. Brown soon.

Looks like food übergeek Alton Brown will now be blacklisted by the nasty little fascists who want to save us all from ourselves. In an astonishing rebellion from our current stupid trend of suing McDonald's for somehow forcing everybody to be fat, AB has spoken out.

In a stunning move, he has put his entire career on the line by actually stating that food does not jump down our throats and force us to eat it! It is now only a matter of time before totalitarian freaks leap up to denounce him for daring to say that we actually should take responsibility for our own eating habits instead of whining about how some foods or restaurants have "forced" us to be fat. If I can't fit into my pants, it's not because some clown held me down and force-fed me. It's because I decided to refuse to exercise a little wit and willpower.

Of course, it's a sin to call for good sense and personal restraint.