The Happy Slave

This is my surrender to the Powers that Be, who wish we all were just happy little slaves, tooling along without a care in the world, doing what our better-educated masters tell us to do, not daring to step out of line. I'm so bad at surrender...

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, United States

I'm an old-fashioned Get-out-of-my-face-atarian. So long as the gubmint left me alone, I had no problems with it. Gubmint wants to run my life, so I'm doing something about it. (Not just blogging, either.)

Thursday, July 27, 2006

More stupid politician tricks!

Note that I've edited this post a bit—the edit is at the end, but I'm keeping the inflammatory start. It is what I originally wrote, after all.

There are times when I'm happy to sit back and let politicians be morons. There are times when I just don't get irked. It even amuses me. One of these times has occurred. The neofascist Council of Chicago has passed an ordinance requiring a minimum wage of $10.00 an hour plus $3.00/hour worth of fringies. This is the same lunatic, hardcore totalitarian council with a member that is trying to outlaw french fries, in case you forgot. Of course, as is to be expected, it is infested with Democrats.

But, as I said, this time, it doesn't annoy me. Yes, I think it's stupid, but it's not infuriating, its funny. I hope that Hizzona Junior signs the darn legislation, or even better, that he vetoes it and the veto is overriden. I want Chicago to impose a $10.00 per hour minimum wage on itself. I want Chicago to suffer the consequences, and I want the rest of the country to see what happens afterwards.

Me, I don't live in Chicago, I haven't even visited the town in years, although I do admit to some affection for the waterfront and the Cubs. So I hope this ordinance passes, I hope it is enforced, and I will be greatly amused at the results.

Added on my lunch break. I should say that, for all I know, I could be wrong, this might work out. If so, then that would also be a good thing. If Chicago flushes itself down the toilet, then this only proves me right. If Chicago actually pulls off a hat trick, then this is a significant enough change from the status quo to be worth further investigation. I still think they'll suffer for it. I only hope the court challenges fail. This law should be allowed to inflict its full effect on Chicago, for good or for ill. We all stand to learn a lot from it one way or another.