The Happy Slave

This is my surrender to the Powers that Be, who wish we all were just happy little slaves, tooling along without a care in the world, doing what our better-educated masters tell us to do, not daring to step out of line. I'm so bad at surrender...

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, United States

I'm an old-fashioned Get-out-of-my-face-atarian. So long as the gubmint left me alone, I had no problems with it. Gubmint wants to run my life, so I'm doing something about it. (Not just blogging, either.)

Friday, September 08, 2006

And watch the rats backpedal.

On Thursday of this week, we all go to learn that the new guy hired to "clean up" Marion County's juvenile "justice" system got his master's degree from a diploma mill. However, the people who hired him thought nothing of it. Fraud didn't matter to them. As the paper put it:

"Troy was not hired on the basis of his master's degree. He was hired because he has a proven track record and experience with juveniles," said Court Administrator Ron Miller. "We don't believe it's a character issue, a moral issue or anything else. I think this is really a nonissue."

This is just more same-old same-old from the gang of crooks who run this county. There is no way at all that these corrupt and incompetent parasites would see a problem with hiring a guy who sports a fake college degree--almost no way. A mere day after defending their new hire, we learn that he's been given the boot:

“It is important to maintain the public confidence that has been established with recent detention reform efforts, and thus the basis for the decision,” said Robert Bingham, chief Marion County probation officer who has been acting director of the juvenile detention center. “The court offered Mr. Hoppes an opportunity to verify and substantiate this online coursework for the master's degree that he presented to us as part of his academic credentials. He was unable to do so.”

If I didn't live in this part of Indiana, I would find this comical. Instead, I see it as just another reason that the best way for us to improve our local government will involve throwing out every single current office-holder, be that person elected or appointed. They're all scum. They're all dirty. Not a one of them can be trusted.