The Happy Slave

This is my surrender to the Powers that Be, who wish we all were just happy little slaves, tooling along without a care in the world, doing what our better-educated masters tell us to do, not daring to step out of line. I'm so bad at surrender...

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, United States

I'm an old-fashioned Get-out-of-my-face-atarian. So long as the gubmint left me alone, I had no problems with it. Gubmint wants to run my life, so I'm doing something about it. (Not just blogging, either.)

Friday, September 15, 2006

Is Congress growing a pair?

As we all know, for many years Congress has consented to be the rollover sweet-patootie backdoor buddy to the Presidency. This has gone on through several presidents, permitting imperial levels of power to be wielded by that office. Now it seems that the Senate--specifically Republicans in the Senate--have decided that it's been too many years playing step-and-fetch-it to one man. More on this later.